Skilled Occupations List (SOL)
On 1 July 2016, a new SOL will be introduced with a number of changes to the occupations. If you intend to apply on or after 1 July 2016 for an Independent or Family Sponsored Points Tested visa or a Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) – Graduate Work Stream visa, you need to make sure your occupation is listed on the new SOL. If you have lodged a valid application before 1 July 2016, your application will not be affected by these changes.
Occupations being added to the SOL from 1 July 2016 are:
- Orthotist or Prosthetist (ANZSCO 251912)
- Audiologist (ANZSCO 252711)
Occupations being removed from the SOL from 1 July 2016 are:
- Mining Engineer (Excluding Petroleum) (ANZSCO 233611)
- Petroleum Engineer (ANZSCO 233612)
- Metallurgist (ANZSCO 234912)
- Environmental Health Officer (ANZSCO 251311)
- Occupational Health and Safety Adviser (ANZSCO 251312)
- Dental Hygienist (ANZSCO 411211)
- Dental Prosthetist (ANZSCO 411212)
- Dental Technician (ANZSCO 411213)
- Dental Therapist (ANZSCO 411214)
The review of the SOL has not impacted the composition of the Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List (CSOL).Occupations currently listed on the CSOL will continue to be listed from 1 July 2016.For more information on the CSOL see Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL).
For further information on the review of the 2016-17 SOL see Review of the Skilled Occupations List (SOL).
“Choosing the right migration consultant is difficult.I consulted with many Migration Agents, but Opal Consulting impressed me a lot.I applied for a visa for my husband, which was rejected.After some time my friends suggested that I try “Opal Consulting”.I was amazed with their professionalism and the way they arranged my documents. They kept me up to date throughout the whole process.We got the visa after 3 months. Yeah!Finally I was so happy to see my husband after 3 years and with hard struggle.”