Regardless of if you are inside or outside Australia the visa types under General Skilled Migration (skilled migration) are same.
To be able to lodge a valid application for this visa you need to first submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect. You can do this in or outside Australia.
There are basic requirements you must meet to apply for this visa.
- be invited by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship to apply
- be younger than 50 years of age when you are invited to apply
- nominate an occupation that matches your skills and qualifications and is on the relevant skilled occupation list
- have your skills assessed by the relevant assessing authority as suitable for your nominated occupation
- have at least competent English
- score at least 60 on the points test
- meet the health and character requirements.
Below are the 3 types of visas under the skilled migration stream:
|| Visa Type
|Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa||Permanent|
|Skilled - Nominated (subclass 190) visa||Permanent|
|Skilled - Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional) (subclass 489) visa||Temporary||After 2 years will be eligible to apply for permanent visa subclass 887|
PLEASE NOTE: For subclass 489 visa there additional eligiblity requirements you need to meet which can be explained during our professional consultation.